Thursday, June 30, 2011

Birthdays! Again!

I am 33. Somehow, the double digit freaks me out this year. Not sure why.

Anyway, so the birthday. It was fabulous!

There is something so awesome about being led into a place with your eyes closed, only to open them and the best family members and friends break into Happy Birthday! In the SPUR!!! A kiddies party! I cannot remember the last time in my life I was as embarassed as I was when the waiters came to sing happy birthday. I didn't even count how many they were.

The only disappointment of the evening were the potato faces in my kiddies' meal. I LOVE potatoes, but these, seriously, tasted like play dough - not nice at all. But cute. At least the not-so-ex ordered me a steak as well, but the viennas in the kiddies' meal were yummy. Those potatoes, though... I think parents should try the food on the kiddies' menu BEFORE they order it for their children.

Hillarity ensued as the helium balloons were opened. The not-so-ex's rendition of Alicia Keys' Falling in and out of love being the highlight. And serenading me with Happy Birthday once more! Laughed my butt off!

And then we proceeded to what Dearest Friend calls the Meat Market. To dance our tootsies off. Thankfully the 80's tunes (which the not-so-ex and The Beautiful Em of the Gems thoroughly enjoyed), didn't play ALL night, although I was quite irritated that I missed out dancing to Aerosmith's Pink while spending 25 minutes at the bar, trying to get a beer. This DESPITE the huge Its My Birthday badge on my chest!

So, at 1:30 CindeEsther returned home, but couldn've partied soooooo much harder! Will have to make up for that next time and get a taxi home.

Breakfast on Sunday morning was spent with The Housemate and Mr Driver at Nitida's Tables. I had the loveliest New Yorker sarmie - that's the photo. Couldn't even finish it. The rest of the day was spent in the lounge, on the mattress, under blankies, watching funny movies.

All in all, not the hardest partying birthday ever, but had a fabulous time without the hangover!

And now... back to life (read stupid f*ck w*nk). I shouldn't technically even be blogging. Just slog away at the RPL. G*d, I hate it!

And Monster - add to your list:  Incessant advertisements on life cover, one after the other, only to be separated by ads on your digestive system. Last night, seriously, there were 4 Dettol ads in a row!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment