Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Its about time...

I am actually feeling guilty today about my lack of blogging.
I'm not even gonna give you the reasons, although they're plentiful.
Truth is, I've had absolutely nothing good to say recently.

I've been struck by watching a few post-apocolyptic movies and a few zombie ones and in-between the nightmares they have given me, I have yet again realised what a sad, pathetic species we are. Although these were only movies, they induced thoughts that I'm sure have always simmered somewhere, quietly, in my soul, but now they erupted, in a diluge.

As I said to my beloved Monster, during our two hour debate on all the evils in the world one night, we (him and I, and collectively the human race) are stuck in this circle (of the debate) as even I, who really feel these things in my soul, don't have the answers.

Oh, I have many, MANY opinions on what should be done, but they will still only treat a symptom, not the actual problem.

So you ask - what are the problems?

The absolute lack of respect people have for one another, for the belongings of another, for the environment, for animals... the list carries on. Now, you might say, that's only a small part of the population. NO!!! Think about every driver on our roads - people cutting in, not letting other road users in ahead of them (when they need to cross a busy street!), etc.

As an example, take the stupid f*ck wank - yes, it is NOT yet done. Six weeks ago, I phoned the Estate Agency Affairs Board - I need an original certificate for the board exam I wrote in 2007. Dutifully, I fax them a letter with the address, my proof of payment, etc. The next three weeks, I phone every two days to follow up, leaving messages for one "Molly" to confirm if she received my fax. It has been six weeks, I have yet to receive that phone call. I would jot that down as a complete lack of respect - I leave you several messages, but you do not think I am important enough to phone back. In the mean time, I finally find out that they originally gave me the incorrect fax number, another three weeks later (having e-mailed them the original fax and proof of payment) I am hoping to recieve my certificate in two weeks time.

The recent rhino stories break my heart, and I don't even want to go into it.

Actually, I don't want to go in on any of it, anymore. There is so little light in this world, so little good, and we don't see enough of it. So I will tell you of a little good.

The Not-So-Ex's uncle and aunt recently celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary. It is amazing that, in this day and age, there are people still committed to the long haul. I don't think we have enough of it around.

So, everyone, I'm signing off, asking you to shine a little light, in whichever way you can, the simplest thing you do could mean the world to someone else. And, maybe, on another day, I will go into some more of the ills of our society, today I just do not have the energy and my happy light might be extinguished.

And tonight, I will try NOT to be one of the road users with rage.

No comments:

Post a Comment