Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Birthdays!

So... yes, it HAS been a while... Again... as always, we apologise for the lack of blogging, but life... it is hectic at the moment. And I'm still deciding whether I'm moaning about it or not. :)

Anyway, so we shall report on June thus far...

I missed The Monster's birthday and (separate subsequent party) this year. The honeymoon, I think it has eaten my social life.

Tarty was nice enough to take me out to a lunch (at which she was subjected - once again - to talk of the not-so-ex) Sorry, Tarty, I promise, really, really soon, that the incessant drivel about how happy I am will stop.

On top of the honeymoon continuum, I have enrolled in the lovely (stupid f*ck w*ank) to use the Monster's phrase, RPL process for estate agents. There's the next three months' worth of weekends... down the toilet. Loving it...

At least the 3 day classroom we attended was great! The agent really made me actually want to do this again. Its been three weeks, I think I need to go see her again. Fantastic motivational person! And the lunches... oh, the lunches... but then, we are paying in excess of R5000.00 for this (stupid f*ck w*ank) lovely course, so... yeah, you better give me a good lunch.

The next event to report, was the birthday of the not-so-ex. My finances this month being what it was (shhhh... we're not talking about it), the birthday present was too lame to mention here. Although there was a new robe involved. And no, NOT the Emperor's kind.

Due to the wonderful Cape Coupon book my brave assistant gets every month, the not-so-ex was treated to a dinner at the fabulous Simon's at Groot Constantia. Dinner was divine, and his immortalised comment "That was the best pork dish I've eaten in my life" (this from a complete porkaholic), was classic. So was the wine, at R195.00 per bottle. Thank Goddess the coupon was for one main meal. (And the not-so-ex paid 1 bottle of wine) But the food was spectacular, we were right next to the fire place (only three other tables with occupants) and it was toasty inside.

The weekend that ensued was spent in Barrydale, courtesy of The Neighbour's parents, with the Gems. On the road trip we stopped at Viljoensdrift for a picnic that included Choppy Choppy (which I adore!!!) and LOADS of cheese. Life is so good. Upon arrival at the Thrasher's, The Neighbour's mom had made a wonderful pasta dish, and home made APPLE PIE!!! I don't WANT to know the amount of calories consumed.  Speaking of which, I think its time to start the dreaded "watching what I eat". I'd rather NOT wake up in September and realise its gonna have to be a starvation diet from thereon in...

But I digress, the rest of the weekend was spent talking, smoking, singing (Patsy Kline - Crazy - at the top of my lungs and George Michael (Sorry Monster) along with the female member of the Gems), sleeping, drinking and eating at, among others, Ronnie's Sex shop, The Country Pumpkin, Clarke of the Karoo and others.  Great weekend away (and fabulous end to the not-so-ex's birthday week). That's right, he doesn't have a day... he has a WEEK.

Anyway, so, on the public holiday, I was in the office, doing research for the lovely (stupid f*ck w*ank) RPL course, and I also sacrificed last Saturday. And I'm behind... so behind...

But... I've closed two deals for the month, am hopeful to conclude another big one before the 30th and... Saturday is my birthday!!!

Well, first it is The Beautiful Em of the Gems' party on Friday night. I have given myself this weekend off. I will probably drink way too much for my own good on Friday night, then drive home (slowly) on Saturday morning for the Housemate to make me pretty for my surprise party! YAY! (Seriously, I'm like a kid about this). The Not-so-ex is organising, and I don't know what is happening, at all! Excited!!!

So, hope that's a long enough post for everyone. I will try and put an update on after the party. (Although, for now, my Sunday plans are couch and movies). I'm probably gonna feel my age!

Who you tryin' to get crazy with ese? Don't you know I'm loco?

Bwahahahahahaha!

Oh, and the picture DOES have something to do with the blog - it was scratched on a table in Ronnie's Sex Shop.

3 comments:

  1. OMG! Now you bloody etching your names into tables at iconic hangouts. That's it, a bottle of Jaegermeister for you ... to be drunk in one hour! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwahahahahahaha! Does it count that HE etched the name? Half a bottle of Jagermeister? Over an evening? I am so not gonna remember this birthday, am I? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right. He must also do a forfeit. Kids, scratching their names into tables! What's next, the Knysna forest?? :0) Punishment could be dire...

    ReplyDelete