Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Feeling the love... for Tears

Sorry, its been a while again...

My excuse? F*cking chores. Seriously, not imposed by anyone but myself and it always seems there's something left to do. Argh.

Anyway, so, what's happened since last time...

Oh yes, Tutus and Tiaras! (Picture included). It was freezing in my little joggers, boa and stifling hot under that mask. No, I did not get the outfit wrong, I couldn't find a tutu to fit the morning of the fun run / walk, so I improvised. Don't you think its kickass? hahahahaha - my favourite pastime, making an ass of myself for laughs (well, I have a few others, but... wait, maybe I'll make a list later :))

So, as I was freezing my toit, sexy ass off, I decided to run from the start with my favourite Monster, but I think I jogged for less that 10 minutes. There I was, thinking, you know, I have been training with a personal trainer for three months, I'm definitely fitter than I once was, and then the body gave me a wake up call: "Bitch, we're still recovering from flu, sit yo' ass down before you kill us both!"

I proceeded to walk and wait for the Young One to catch up to me. From that point, it was a competition between me, the Young One, Anti-B and his Foxy Lady to see who stops jogging first. The mask was trez annoying, but part of the outfit. I turned my ankle twice because I couldn't see my feet - lol.

Reaching the "establishments" part of the run (read Beach Boulevard bars) it became tougher. With the hooting and comments coming from said "establishments" you did NOT want to stop running. At this stage, we had also received our very appreciated Standard Bank water bottles. Running past a biker bar (I forget the name), we actually sped up, but Anti-B's Foxy Lady decided to take it slower from there, to which I urged her to "Keep running, they go for the weakest member of the pack". Laughing, she picked up the pace once more.

The Young One kept complaining that she couldn't go as slow as I was, I told her its cause her legs are longer and she needs to shorten her stride. This bantering went on for a while, amidst the huffing and puffing (from my side, mostly).
I eventually finished 2nd woman, 4th all-round, but the depressing part is, the members who decided to walk the distance took only 15 minutes longer than I did to finish the race. Its so very wrong.

Our finish line was the extremely cool Banned Rock Lounge on Marine Circle, and at which, at 16:00 on a Saturday afternoon, I was nodding my head to some heady and heavy music - extremely cool. Unfortunately I missed the burlesque dance, as the Not-So-Ex and I were hosting a braai for some of the runners and the chick from the coolest flatmates ever, Anti-B, the Not-So-Ex and I had decided to play a game of magic.

The Not-So-Ex had just put the meat on the fire when it started drizzling - first time we braaied under an umbrella. I played one game, think I had two beers and then, literally, couldn't keep my eyes open anymore. I'm not sure exactly how early I was in bed, but yeah, Rockstar, in my case, is a mindset only. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment