Friday, April 13, 2012

Hello again!

I'm not even going to apologise.

I have a life - a very, very busy life, deal with it :)

Recent happenings:

Received a competent vote for stupid f*ck w*nk - but more on that later: grrrrrrr!!!
Moved back in with the not-so-ex.
Have a personal trainer.
Three times a week running (well, jogging and walking) on Devil's Peak.
Reading A Song of Ice and Fire.
Went to Ramfest!!!
Band practice (and NOT so much dinner club) twice a week for 3 weeks.
Too much food and chocolates at Easter
After hour appointments (although not so much recently).

You get the picture.

Why am I here again?

Oh, stupid f*ck w*nk. After slogging away and sacrificing three months of my life and paying the equivalent of a bad month's salary, it is NOT YET DONE!!! NO! The wonderful folks over at the Estate Agency Affairs Board, expect me to write the exam, which I wrote in 2007, again. Why, you ask? Because I did not write it in 2003. Really?!!! And, the best part is, I get to PAY for the privilege!!! Argh!

Anyway, that's in June, and no use bitching about, but F*CK I'm pissed off about it.

In happier news: the not-so-ex, being the awesome boyfriend that he is, purchased a Ramfest ticket for moi! (Couldn't afford it) and oh, Gods, it was fun. Didn't see so many bands as I just had a kickass time with the coolest flatmates ever! And it took me three days to recover, regardless of the fact I didn't even drink that much - the body, it is definitely aging now :( But still had so much fun!

About a month ago I was invited to partake in an ensemble gig - with fellow doom appreciators and musicians. It took me three weeks to be able to play one of the songs - am quite proud of that feat, I have to say. The three other songs also kicked my ass for a while, but I prevailed! This weekend I will be on stage for the first time in approximately 11 years!!! Hectic.

Also this weekend, I will be going to watch Fetish, whom I confess not to know well AT ALL! But so excited. Plus, the Monster, being the wonderful friend that he is, bought me a CD of theirs to familiarise myself with before tonight. Its amazing! And the funny thing is, I don't recall ever watching them live, but the songs are all familiar already?! 'Tis a mystery. Then again, I have about nine years swallowed in a haze of drunkenness whilst being the keyboard playing in a Cape Town Doom Band :)

Sunday, though... Sunday I will be spending on the couch. Under a blankie, with loads and loads of movies! Can't wait. I don't remember the last time I spent a day doing nothing. (It probably happened more recently than I can recall, but that's the point - I don't recall.)

The rest of the weekends of this month are already swallowed up with social and work engagements / commitments, including a run for charity, catching up with a batty friend, a baby shower and a much-looked-forward-to family lunch, so Sunday is mine. Except for cooking a roast for the not-so-ex who will be working, and I plan on making it awesome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment