Friday, December 10, 2010

For the hell of it

So, the phrase "everyone else is doing it, why can't we?" comes to mind.

First blog, end of the year. Let's get right to it.

This year, officially, SUCKED!
Family drama aplenty.
Friends having a sh*tty time - check.
Work - bleh, spent most of the year working overtime (which did help with the financial-f*ck-up-of-note getting sorted) and that was about it.

For most of it, I've wanted to quietly go crawl into a hole, with about 6 boxes of Lindt chocolates, a few good books, and a certain male friend (whom I love dearly) popping around regularly with a box of wine and make me smile the occassional smile.

I have to thank mentioned dear male friend for listening to me lament my life for approximately ten months of this year and (mostly) not complaining about it.

Looking back now, though, I realise that, although I have been on the inside of emotional chaos, major progress inside myself was made. (Dr Phil would be so proud!)

Seriously, this year has made me stronger, more confident and, for the first time in my life, I realise that I am everything I need. I am calm and actually happy, for the first time in years. I have the bestest friends in the world. I will not settle again.

Work year is also ending with a promotion and substantial increase in income.

And I started writing again, the first time in 8 years.

See, even when your world is crashing down around you, you can draw the inspiration from that to write a song called Black Label Inspired Opus. With the most awesome musician-friends.

And life CAN still be good - you can find the silver lining, sometimes you just have to look bloody hard for it.

For hours. For days. For weeks.

Ok, you can stop throwing up, the sugarcoating is over, but I WILL admit - the rose-tinted glasses have been repaired. Bring on 2011 - I've decided it WILL be a good year!

P.S. on settling - yeah, I can't back that up - yet! Its a work in progress. Recently been eyeing boys for the first time again, and, well... keep watching the blog! mwahahahahaha!

2 comments:

  1. Well done lady and welcome to the ever-increasing bunch of us doing this here thing x

    ReplyDelete